Reflecting upon my Rockhurst High School experience, a few highlights come to my mind:
- Playing freshmen football (‘playing’ might be too strong of a word)
- Competing in the chess room EVERY activity period and EVERYday after school
- Studying Physics/Playing Nintendo64 Mario Kart for 6+ hours at a friend’s house in order to prepare for a Dr. Campisano exam.
The Rockhurst Vision Statement claims to “foster lifelong friendships”.
One of projects within the STEAM initiative is the Classroom Redesign.
Ultimately, the goal aims to create a more student-centered learning environment emphasizing collaboration – one of the core values of STEAM.
- There will be no ‘front of the classroom’.
- Flexible furniture provides more autonomy for students.
- Cutting edge technology empower learning activities.